~ Psalm 9:1-2 ~
I know that yesterday I said I would write about being hopeful (that post will come, I promise… *hopefully* on Thursday). However, I had an Intramural Flag Football game tonight and have been working on class scheduling for next semester. It’s late, I have Pilates tomorrow, and I really need to sleep. So sleep is what I’m going to do. Because part of “being” is taking time to rest in the busyness. I need to be renewed and strengthened.
But I do want to write something tonight. When I came back from the IM game, my roommate had compiled a list of the ways God has answered our prayers so far this semester. It is important to recount the ways God has been faithful, so in the rough moments we can remember His faithfulness.
The whole hall is in a funk right now. But in the stress of class scheduling and the reality of schoolwork, I want to remember God’s blessings. He is good. In order to bring us out of the funk, sometimes we need to intentionally remember to be thankful.
Answered Prayers (as listed by Emily, the best roommate)
1. Wonderful suite mates!
2. The mice got caught.
3. We were able to deal with the mice infestation.
4. No more mice now, and we learned from the struggle!
5. A small group where we can be filled emotionally and surrounded with people we love. We’re also part of a new start up on campus, where we can be part of a vision and have an impact.
6. A large group where we grow and worship
7. Wonderful IV new student retreat
8. Great 1st round of midterms!
9. A home church!!
10. Healed from our first round of sickness (still praying for this round)
11. Wisdom with our fall class schedule
12. Intentional encouragement within the hall
My challenge for you tonight: be intentional with your thankfulness. Make a list of some blessings. Maybe it is just one thing or maybe you have a list of twenty blessings. It doesn’t matter. Take some time to recount God’s faithfulness. Gratitude puts life in perspective.
– – Phebe